Friday, January 10, 2014

Making This Year Count!!

Happy New Year y'all!!  I am not one to make many New Years resolutions, but I have resolved to make a few this year.

First:  Spend more actual time with my kids.  I tend to get focused on the house and my duties as mom and wife.  I've got dishes & laundry, dirty floors & dusty blinds.  I love having a clean house, but it rarely stays that way for more than five minutes.  I forget that they are my reason for doing everything else.  They need a clean floor to play on.  They need food in their bellies.  They need clean clothes to wear.  But, they also need to know that mama, being the clean and crazy lady that she is, will stop to tie that doll's bow for the hundredth time.  Or put that slipper on Rapunzel over and over again.  I'll move the couch so they can reach the Legos that slid under there (and then I'll go get the broom and sweep all those dust bunnies and crumbs I missed!!).  I need to sit down on the couch and watch a movie, even though the crumbs on the couch need to be vacuumed up, and I've got a load of laundry to fold and it's getting more wrinkled by the minute.  They are why God made me a mama (and wife-thanks honey for being such a big help with the kids and understanding my crazy brain more than I give you credit for).  They need me and I need them, and those little breaks, more than I realize.  And, it's in those little moments, when I get a hug and a kiss from out of no where, and the little voice telling me "You're the best mom ever." that I remember they are my reason for being this crazy lady.  If I focus on them, then the rest of my resolutions are basically ways I can do that and make more time for them.

Second:  Get organized and keep it that way.  This is where working for Thirty-one Gifts will come in handy.  Lots of totes and baskets to get closets, playroom, laundry room, etc. organized.  This will not all be done in a short time, and I plan to use those moments in my blog.


Third:  Utilize my time and make my Thirty-One Gifts and Sweet Salutations Cake businesses actually make money for us.  In this time and economy we need a little more than my husband's one income can provide.  This will help with the little things like, paying off some bills, and hopefully pay for Soccer and Dance fees, and going out to dinner.  Mama needs a break some nights.  ;)

Fourth:  Blog more.  I have not been as frequent a blogger as I would like to be.  Honestly, I'm busy with four little kids and learning to navigate all that come with being a mom and wife.  But, I've had an idea.  Even if it's mundane, I'm going to post something at least twice a month.  I like to know that I'm contributing something, even if it's just for me.

Fifth:  Exercise!!  Get a membership somewhere and go workout with my friends.  I need to make sure I'm around long enough to see all my sweet babies have their babies, and I won't do that by sitting on the couch all day drinking Coke.  (like I get to sit down!)

I'm putting all this out there so I can be accountable, even if it's just to this blog.  I'm setting these goals so I can look at them and attempt to attain them.

So, here's to a new year and the resolutions we make whether we keep them or not.

What are your resolutions?


Next up:  Tea Party time!!  Little miss had a birthday at the beginning of this month and she wants a girls only tea party.  I'm going to show you how to make some adorable fascinators (The little hats/headpieces that sit on the side of your head when you wanna wear something fancy.  Thanks Pinterest!), and make a small budget make a big impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment