Monday, June 10, 2013

Hey Jude!

Well, the time has come and gone, and my baby, my youngest child, my little booger boy, has turned one!  We did a Beatles "inspired" birthday party, since his name is Jude, and went with some rather fun decorations and signs.  It was really fun to plan and only took a few hours to set up.

I found a lot of the printables and inspirations from Pinterest.





I made the submarine out of three big cardboard boxes from Sams.
Lucky for us we had a connection with a big printer and it only cost me the time to create the posters and banner, and cut them out









We gave everyone moustache lollipops and Beatles bubbles.



I made the submarine cake myself!





Found these "Happy Birthday to You" plates at Target!!!  Thanks Shopkicks!!



Of course we used the green apples to accent the food table!  To represent the Beatles' Green Apple label.







All my little ones in the submarine having fun!!






Little Jude enjoying his chocolate moustache lolli!!
and afterwards playing in the streamers duting the cleanup.



For the food I found a few blog posts and used some of their ideas for Beatles themed foods and made a few of my own!

Here's the list:

Let it Be-L-T bites - BLT mini sammies
Honey (moon) Pies - mini moonpies
Sgt. Pepper-oni pizza - pizza bites
Strawberry Fields Forever - strawberry jello with strawberry slices
Teddy Boy grahams - teddy graham cookies
Here Comes the Sun-chips - Sun Chips, of course
Free As A Bird Nuggets -  chicken nuggets

I found the A Hard Days' Night, Bootles, and Yellow Submarine fonts through Google.  I honestly don't remember the website.

The paper lanterns are from the Dollar Store and Hobby Lobby (Love those 40% off coupons!!!)

The food pedestals are records from Goodwill hot glued onto large candlesticks I already had at the house.

I made his first birthday shirt with yellow fabric paint and a sponge paintbrush.

If there's anything else you can't figure out from the pictures and wanna know, please feel free to contact me!  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment